For over 155 years, the Global Cheese Awards have provided producers and retailers a platform from which to showcase their latest and best offerings; not just on the trade & judging day but also at the public show held on the following Saturday which regularly attracts of 20 000 visitors.
Each year the Frome & District Agricultural Society organise this highly prestigious yet enjoyable event at their showground near Frome in Somerset. 2019 will be the second year where the awards will take place in their newly constructed Cheese Pavilion exhibition hall. Entries come from across the globe in their thousands and with world-class judges and fierce competition in all categories it is clear to see why winners should be proud of their results.
Congratulations to the whole Long Clawson Dairy team for their continued effort, allowing us to bring home a total of 7 awards in 2019, including 3 Gold awards. Full results are as follows:
- Whole Blue Stilton Category – Gold & Silver for Blue Stilton
- 2 x Halves Blue Stilton Category – Gold for Blue Stilton
- Red Leicester Category – Gold for Rutland Red
- Vegetarian Blue Cheese Category – Silver for Shropshire Blue
- Vegetarian Pressed Cheese Category – Silver for Rutland Red
- Aged Red Leicester Category – Bronze for Rutland Red