Attracting over 17,000 visitors and 2500 exhibitors each year the Mid-Somerset show is a well respected traditional agricultural show, situated in the heart of the Somerset cheddar producing region – not 10 miles from the village of cheddar itself! The South West Cheese Awards are now in their 9th year after its welcome addition to the show back in 2011. These awards now contain over 66 cheese classes from cheddar, to Stilton, to Goats cheese and beyond.
In 2019, Long Clawson Dairy have won a total of 5 awards, including Supreme Champion and 3 Gold Awards!
- Supreme Champion – Matthews & Skailes Perpetual Challenge Cup – Blue Stilton
- Best Whole Blue Stilton – Gold for Blue Stilton
- Best Two Halves of Blue Stilton – Gold for Blue Stilton
- Best Shropshire Blue – Gold for Blue Shropshire
- Best Mature Red Leicester >6 months – Silver for Rutland Red