About this recipe
Savoury cheese scones, made with Cotswold™ cheese wholegrain mustard and a pinch of fiery Cayenne pepper. Serve warm with a salted butter for a scrumptious snack with a nice cup of English Breakfast tea.
- 450g Self Raising Flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3tsp baking powder 75g butter/margarine
- 100g Cotswold™ Cheese grated
- 1 egg made up to 300ml with milk
- 1 tsp Wholegrain Mustard – optional
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper – optional
Oven Temp: 200C /Gas Mark 6
- Sift dry ingredients into bowl, add in chopped butter and rub into form breadcrumb. Add grated cheese to mix.
- Add mustard to egg mixture and mix into the dry mix using a fork.
- Work to a dough, turn onto a floured surface and press down to a ½ inch thickness. Cut with a small round cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake in a hot oven for 12 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter.