Cotswold™ Cheese Straws
About this recipe
Crispy strips of puff pastry, flavoured with Cotswold™ cheese, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika and a dash of Lea & Perrins. Wonderful as snacks or canapés.
- 500g of puff pastry
- 100g grated cheddar Double Gloucester Onion & Chive
- 1g cayenne pepper
- 1g smoked paprika
- 4g salt
- Mix all of the above ingredients together
- Lea and Perrins for drizzling onto the pastry
Makes approximately 18, as part of a lavish Seventies Buffet
- Roll the puff pastry to a rectangle about 5mm thick, then egg wash with 3 egg yolks and drizzle with Lea and Perrin’s Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle liberally with half the cheese and then fold over one half onto the other and roll out to the same size.
- Brush with more egg wash and sprinkle with more cheese before placing in the freezer to chill. Cut into 6in length and then half inch wide” wide, then twist the ends till they meet in the middle and the straws are twisted the entire length.
- Bake at 150°C/Gas 2 for approximately 10 minutes until golden brown in colour and then remove from the oven and leave to cool. Great snacks or as canapes.