Broccoli and Cauliflower Cotswold™ Bake
About this recipe
Tender steamed vegetables smothered in a cheesy sauce with a hint of chives. Works just as well as a standalone supper or as a side dish, alongside a thick slice of gammon.
- 1 stem of broccoli
- 1 cauliflower chopped
- 50g margarine or butter
- 50g plain flour
- 250ml milk
- 25g breadcrumbs, toasted
- 75g Cotswold™ cheese grated
- Steam the broccoli and cauliflower until a soft/firm texture. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Meanwhile melt the margarine in a saucepan and once melted, remove from heat and blend in the flour – gradually add in the milk, small amount at a time and return to the heat to thicken.
- Once the sauce has reached a pourable consistency – (more liquid may need to be added), stir in the grated cheese. Return to the heat to allow the cheese to melt.
- Spoon the cheese sauce over the broccoli and cauliflower ensuring a good coverage.
- Sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs over the cheese sauce.
- Serve immediately.