Blue Stilton, Pear and Pecan Salad
About this recipe
A wonderful combination of salty, sweet and nutty, this salad makes a delicious lunch on a warm autumn day when English pears are in season. It also makes a lovely side dish to freshly roasted chicken, accompanied by a glass of wine.
- 2 pears peeled – conference or rocha (sweet pears), thinly sliced
- 150g Blue Stilton, crumbled
- Bag of mixed salad leaves
- 50g chopped pecan nuts
- 3 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Arrange the mixed leaves onto a large platter
- Arrange the pear slices on top of the leaves and top with crumbled Blue Stilton and pecan nuts.
- Drizzle dressing over as required.