Blue Cheese Quesadillas
About this recipe
This is a perfect light lunch for 4 people or able to share with more as a snack option. A brilliant recipe using your cupboard essentials and an easy recipe to use up your leftover Stilton.
- 4 Flour Tortillas (6-7 inches in size)
- 75g Apple, chopped
- 75g Dried Fig, chopped
- 75g Blue Stilton
- 50g Walnuts, toasted
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6
- Put 2 flour tortillas onto a baking tray and brush with some oil. Turn the tortillas over and sprinkle with 50g chopped toasted walnuts and 75g crumbled Blue Stilton and cover with the remaining 2 tortilla, pressing gently.
- Brush the tops with the remaining oil and bake in the middle of the oven until golden – this will usually take 8 to 10 minutes.
- Whilst the tortillas cook, make the apple and fig salsa. Take the diced apple and place in a bowl with the 50g of chopped dried figs and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Combine to form a salsa.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven, cut into wedges and serve with a spoonful of salsa on the top of each wedge.