Rutland Red White Stilton with Lemon Fondue
About this recipe
A rich, cheesy fondue recipe that hits the spot after a day out in the cold. Add sourdough bread and dive in.
- 500g White Stilton with Lemon, cut into large chunks
- 500g Rutland Red cut into large chunks
- 250ml dry cider
- 250ml dry white wine
- Sourdough bread, cut into large chunks for dipping
- 1 tbsp corn flour let down with water
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
Serves 6 as a dessert
- Place the cider, white wine and garlic in to a saucepan and bring to a low simmer, allow a little of the alcohol to burn off by letting it tick over for a few minutes then slowly add the cheese to the simmering liquid, add about 5-6 chunks at a time, whisking as you add the cheese until they are all melted.
- As the cheese pieces melt, add the next lot whisking all the time on a low heat.
- Once they are all melted the cheese fondue may need to be thickened add the corn flour till it’s the right consistency.
- Stir for a further 5 minutes until it’s cooked out.
- Serve this with chunks of sourdough to dip into the fondue.