A vacancy has arisen for a Welder and Fabrication Engineer at our Long Clawson site. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the role will ideally be suited to an individual who has had previous experience of welding and fabrication of stainless steel, installation of pipework, design and repair of metals.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Carry out repairs to equipment and infrastructure including water, steam, hydraulic and process systems.
- Installation and continuous replacement of new and existing systems
- Be able to read and understand plans and specifications, including isometric and orthographic drawings. Visualise two dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- Follow established job-site safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Inspect work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain, and take any corrective action needed.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products; install supports, valves and other control equipment; test installed piping systems and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications; bolt, clamp or weld parts to secure in position for welding; weld components according to specific process and code.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested by lead services engineer.
- Work effectively across all functions of the business supporting their needs as required.
Experience and Skill
- Must have previous TIG welding experience within a Food environment
- Experience welding on stainless steel is essential
- Quality awareness with the ability to clean weld to a high standard is essential
- Must have experience welding on either food production machinery, food prep surfaces or conveyor systems
- Be an excellent communicator with a good standard of spoken and written English.
- Ability to plan and organise work schedules.
- The ability to work under pressure, on their own initiative and meet deadlines.
Interested applicants can apply by sending their CV and a covering letter/email; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; directly to email@example.com
Interviews will happen as applications are received, so don’t delay in applying.
The closing date for applications is 7th Feb 2022