White Stilton, Cranberry and Blueberry Trifle
About this recipe
The quintessential English pudding, with a twist. This recipe combines succulent cranberries and blueberries with creamy White Stilton, custard and cream for a sophisticated take on a traditional classic.
- 300g fresh or frozen mixed berries.
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp crème de cassis
- 1 Original Swiss Roll, sliced
- 500ml custard
- 300ml Double cream, whipped
- 150g White Stilton with Cranberry, finely crumbled
- 150g White Stilton with Blueberry, finely crumbled
- Fresh blueberries
Serves 8 as a dessert
- Place the cranberries and blueberries in a saucepan and combine with the sugar and a splash of cold water.
- Heat gently until the fruit starts to split and the juices start to form a syrup.
- Leave to cool.
- In the bottom of a large bowl, or in 8 individual glass bowls, arrange the slices of Swiss Roll and soak with the crème de cassis.
- Pour over two thirds of the cranberry and blueberry mix and top with a layer of custard.
- Gently fold the crumbled cheese into the double cream and spread over the custard layer.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and chill until ready to serve.