Wensleydale and Cranberry Profiteroles
About this recipe
Rich and indulgent, these retro profiteroles are brought up to date with the addition of Wensleydale with Cranberries.
- 50g margarine
- 150ml water
- 100g plain flour
- 3 eggs – lightly beaten
- 100g crème fraiche
- 100g Wensleydale and Cranberry cheese – crumbled
Oven Temp: 200C/Gas Mark 6
- Firstly prepare the choux pastry – alternatively a pack of ready prepared choux pastry can be bought.
- Place the water and margarine into a pan and gently heat to allow the margarine to melt and begin to boil.
- Remove pan from heat and add flour – return to the heat and stir well until small balls are form.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and set aside to cool.
- Once the mixture is cool stir in the beaten eggs to form a stiff paste.
- Place small balls of choux pastry mix onto a greased baking tray ensuring a gap is left in between each mound.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the balls are golden brown and well risen. – slit sides of buns to allow stem to escape
- Meanwhile blend together the crème fraiche and crumbled cheese.
- Once the profiteroles are cool pipe the crème fraiche/cheese mix into each profiterole
- Dust with icing sugar and serve