Wensleydale with Cranberry Oatie Breakfast Bars
About this recipe
Slightly gooey flapjacky bundles of energy. Perfect fuel for a bracing walk on a cold winter’s day, these bars will keep you going for hours.
Makes 12 Oat Bars
- 100g Margarine
- 75g Soft Brown Sugar
- 200g Rolled Oats
- 50g Golden Raisins
- 50g Dried Cranberries
- 150g Wensleydale and Cranberry Cheese – crumbed
Oven Temp 180C/Gas Mark 4
- Place margarine and sugar into a saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Stir in the oats, golden raisins and cranberries and finally add in the crumbed cheese.
- Place mixture into a well-greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until the mixture is firm and slightly golden in colour.
- Leave in the tin to cool slightly and then cut into finger bars.