Roasted Vegetable Filo Tart
About this recipe
Bursting with vegetables and grilled Garlic and Herb Whirl™, these delicate pastries are a great starter for dinner or finger food at your next party.
- 8 large sheets of filo pastry
- Melted butter
- 1 red onion peeled
- 1 large red pepper deseeded
- 1 courgette
- 1 small aubergine
- Olive oil
- Mixed herbs
- 4 thick slices of Herb & Garlic Whirl™
- Cut vegetables into fairly large even sized chunks.
- Place in a roasting tin, drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs.
- Roast in a hot oven until golden brown.
- Line 4 small fluted flan tins or dishes with filo pastry, use 4 layers of pastry for each tart and brush each layer with melted butter.
- Bake tarts in a hot oven until a light golden brown
- Fill each tart with hot roasted vegetables. Place a slice of whirl on top and grill until cheese has just melted
- Serve as light lunch or starter