Portobello Mushroom topped with Whirl™
About this recipe
Large, flat Portobello mushrooms are stuffed with sweet shallots, fresh herbs and crunchy breadcrumbs and topped off with a slice of Herb and Garlic Whirl. Serve as a starter with a salad garnish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 150g white breadcrumbs
- 6 x 1cm thick slices of Herb and Garlic Whirl
- 2 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- 6 portabello mushrooms
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add shallots. Cook on a low heat until the shallots brown and begin to soften.
- In a bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, shallots and herbs. Mix until well combined.
- Peel and remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Divide the stuffing mix between the mushrooms, lightly pressing the stuffing into the base of the mushrooms.
- Top each mushroom with the Herb and Garlic Whirl slices.
- Place the prepared mushrooms onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.