Pasta with Bacon, Spinach, Pinenuts and Blue Shropshire
About this recipe
A delicious variation on pasta Carbonara, combining mellow Shropshire Blue with smoky bacon, fresh spinach and sweet toasted pinenuts. A lovely week-night staple.
- 350g fusilli pasta (raw weight)
- 50g baby leaf spinach
- 200g smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 50g pine nuts – lightly toasted
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 200g Blue Shropshire cheese, crumbled
- Coarse ground black pepper
- Add pasta to a pan of boiling water and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the pasta is soft in texture.
- Meanwhile chop the bacon and gently fry.
- Place cooked pasta into a bowl and add crème fraiche, carefully mix ensuring that the pasta does not breakdown too much.
- Add in the toasted pine nuts, bacon and baby spinach leaves.
- Season with coarse ground black pepper if required.
- Top the pasta dish with crumbled Blue Shropshire
- Serve immediately.