Mango and Ginger Savoury Biscuits
About this recipe
These moreish bite-sized cheesy treats manage to be sweet and savoury at the same time. Spectacular served as canapés with a crisp white wine.
- 100g flour
- 100g White Stilton with Mango and Ginger
- 100g butter
- 12 turns of milled pepper
- Pinch smoked paprika
- ½ tsp caraway seed
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 egg yolks
Serves four as a starter
- Place the butter, cheese and flour into a food mixer and mix on a medium speed until it forms a smooth dough, adding the paprika and milled pepper.
- Take the dough from the mixer and roll it into a long log shape to a diameter of 4cm and wrap tightly in cling film, chill for approximately 60 minutes.
- Place some baking parchment onto a baking tray and slice the mix with a knife to around 1cm thick and place onto the baking trays.
- Mix the egg yolk with a little water and brush the top of the biscuits to glaze them.
- Sprinkle on the cumin and caraway seeds and you can grate some extra cheese over the top, too.
- Place in the oven at 190°C/Gas 6 and bake for 4-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the biscuits, until golden brown. Once cooked, leave to cool.