About this recipe
Simple-but-impressive, this cheesecake is easy to prepare in advance and makes a lovely light dessert. Serve drizzled with a fruity raspberry coulis for added wow factor.
For the Base:
- 100g ginger biscuits, crushed
- 40g butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 large tin of condensed milk
- ½ pint double cream, lightly whipped
- 150g White Stilton with Lemon, crumbled
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Place the biscuits in a polythene bag and crush using a rolling pin until they resemble breadcrumbs. Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the biscuit and mix well.
- Turn into a 8” loose bottomed sponge tin and press firmly onto the base using the back of a spoon. Leave to chill.
- Pour condensed milk into a food processor, along with the juice and rind of lemons and blend together. Add the White Stilton with Lemon and mix until the mixture is smooth. Meanwhile lightly whisk the cream and fold into the cheese mix.
- Pour the mixture over the biscuit base, smooth and chill in the fridge until set- preferably overnight.
- Loosen the sides of the tin, press up the base and lift the cheesecake onto a flat dish.
- Garnish with lemon slices.