Leek and Bacon Blue Shropshire Risotto
About this recipe
Bacon and blue cheese: a classic combination brought to life in this warming Italian dish that is packed with punchy flavours to satisfy the biggest appetites.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks sliced
- 256g risotto rice
- 900ml hot vegetable stock
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, cut into chunks
- 50g Shropshire Blue, roughly crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
Serves 4 as a main
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Add the leeks to the still hot pan and fry for 3 minutes until the leeks are softened.
- Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Begin adding the stock, a ladel at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Once all the stock has been added, and the rice is soft and creamy, remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cheese and bacon, then season to taste with pepper.
- Serve immediately.