Innkeepers Choice™ Croque Monsieur
About this recipe
A match made in heaven: smoky ham and melting cheese in a toasted sandwich. Serve with a glass of French red for a classy lunchtime treat.
- 8 slices of white bread (for a healthy alternative use wholegrain bread)
- 8 slices of smoked ham thinly sliced (2 per sandwich)
- 8 slices of Innkeepers Choice™ Cheese (2 per sandwich)
- 50g butter
- Butter all slices of bread on one side only. Place the cheese on top of 4 slices of bread – butter side up ensuring that the cheese is fully covering the bread.
- Place the slices of ham on top of the cheese again ensuring that there is a good even covering of ham on top of the cheese
- Place the remaining pieces of bread – butter side down on top of the ham.
- Press the sandwich down to ensure that the filling is compact.
- Grill under a moderate oven until golden brown and then turn the product over and brown on the other side.
- The cheese should have melted and beginning to ooze out of the side of the sandwich.
- Serve immediately with a salad garnish.