About this recipe
Whip up a batch of fresh muffins featuring White Stilton with Cranberry for a weekend treat. Take a couple back to bed with a cup of tea and the Sunday papers for an indulgent breakfast.
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g soft margarine
- 75g caster sugar
- 150g White Stilton with Cranberries – crumbled
- 2 medium eggs
- 250ml milk
Makes 12 Muffins
Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6
- Line a deep muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Weigh the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and crumbled cheese.
- Mix together the eggs and milk, then pour all in one into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix quickly to blend together. The mixture should have a lumpy consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, filling each case almost to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven or about 20-25 min until well risen, golden and firm to touch.
- Leave the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the tray, then remove from the tin and cool for a while on a wire rack. Serve muffins warm.