Blueberry Eton Mess
About this recipe
Eton Mess is traditionally served during the “Fourth of June” holiday, in celebration of the birthday of King George III, patron of Eton College. Blueberries feature in this variation, ideal for late summer when strawberries are coming to the end of their season.
For the meringue
- 2 egg whites
- 125g Castor sugar
- 1/4 tsp distilled malt vinegar
- 250ml whipping cream
- 250g White Stilton with Blueberry
- 1 punnet fresh blueberries for garnishing
Oven Temp: 120C
Serves four as dessert
- Whisk the egg whites until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar to the mixture- whisk until the mixture becomes shiny in appearance. Whisk in the vinegar at the same time.
- Grease a baking tray and evenly spread the mixture out over the tray.
- Place in a preheated oven and cook approx 2 hours until dry on top and the base is crisp and dry. Leave to cool.
- Whilst the meringue is baking, whip the cream and add in the crumbled White Stilton with blueberry.
- Once the meringues have cooled crumble the meringue and add to the cream and cheese mix. Place mixture into individual serving glasses.
- Garnish each dessert with icing sugar and fresh blueberries.