Blue Shropshire Stuffed Mushrooms
About this recipe
Fungi is what makes blue cheeses blue, so it’s not really surprising that mushrooms make the perfect partner to mellow Shropshire Blue. This recipe makes a delicious dinner party starter.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 shallots , finely chopped
- 150g white breadcrumbs
- 125g Blue Shropshire Cheese – grated
- 2 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- 6 open flat mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a pan and add shallots. Cook on a low heat until the shallots brown and begin to soften.
- In a bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, shallots, Blue Shropshire cheese and herbs. Mix until well combined.
- Peel and remove the stems from the mushrooms and divide the stuffing mix between the mushrooms – lightly pressing the stuffing into the base of the mushrooms.
- Place the prepared mushrooms onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have turned golden and the cheese has melted.