Apricot Bread and Butter Pudding
About this recipe
A comforting British classic, this bread and butter pudding recipe is lifted with sultanas and White Stilton with Apricot. Serve with a jug of custard after Sunday lunch.
- 8 large slices of white bread
- 50g granualated sugar
- 100g Sultanas
- 150g White Stilton with Apricot – crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 450ml milk
- 25g Butter – melted
Oven Temp: 180°C/Gas Mark 4
- Remove the crusts and cut the bread into triangles – or desired shapes for one large 2 pint ovenproof dish.
- Brush a little of the melted butter in the inside of the dish and cover the base of the dish with the bread pieces.
- Mix the sugar, sultanas and crumbled cheese together- reserving a small amount of the cheese for the top and sprinkle a layer of the mixture over the bread.
- Repeat the layering effect, finishing with the top layer being bread.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top of the final bread layer.
- Beat the eggs and milk together and carefully pour over the layers of bread.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until set.