Apple & Cranberry Crumble
About this recipe
A warm, comforting apple crumble with a textured topping featuring oats, pecans and White Stilton with Cranberry. Serve with hot custard, or cool cream… or both if you’re feeling decadent.
- 450g cooking apples, peeled, chopped and cored
- 175g plain flour
- 75g White Stilton with Cranberry
- 50g medium oats
- 50g butter
- 50g pecan nuts (if you have allergies, replace these with another 50g of oats!
- 100g caster sugar
Serves 4 as a dessert
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Place the apple in an ovenproof dish, scatter half the caster sugar over the fruit to sweeten and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and whizz briefly until the mixture resembles fresh breadcrumbs.
- Pile the crumble over the apple, pressing down gently and bake in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with ice-cream, cream or custard!