We’re looking for hardworking, enthusiastic team players who are passionate about working for an award-winning cheese manufacturer, in the Vale of Belvoir situated in the picturesque village of Long Clawson, just 6 miles from Melton Mowbray, 15 miles from Grantham, 10 Miles from Bingham and 16 miles from Nottingham
Working alone or as part of a small team to ensure the integrity of product/packaging meets customer specifications and legal obligations. In addition, you will be responsible for the timely sampling, testing and preparation of production batches as well as incoming ingredients and finished products, where applicable.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform daily calibration checks on all scales and check weighers
- Carry out first, last and regular interval box/tray checks on production and packing lines.
- Input production data onto the QA traceability system, where applicable
- Logging on and presentation of all production samples for external testing, where applicable
- Daily Temperature monitoring of all fridges, freezers and production areas specified
- Ensure the good organisation of the QC area is maintained on an ongoing basis
- Cover and support production/vaccing QC checks where necessary.
- Carry out product sampling in a timely manner ensuring samples are correctly labelled and prepared for external testing, where applicable
- Ensure product retests are managed effectively. This includes locating and re sampling products where applicable, where applicable
- Carry out gas analysis & pack integrity tests, where applicable
- Checking an scanning product labels onto our system to verify it’s the correct label
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Be responsible for and ensure Product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards
- Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities
- Undertake relevant training as and when required
- Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately
- Show respect for colleagues, customers and the environment
- Behave in an honest, industrious and uncomplicated way
- Perform functions in line with training and work instructions
- You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time, as the Company may reasonably request/require.
Experience & Skills
- Hardworking and able to work under pressure
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Must hold a current Basic Food hygiene certificate
- Must be able to prioritise workloads in line with production and packing requirements
- Must be vigilant at all times, to ensure detection of non-conforming paperwork and line faults
- Good level of accuracy and numeracy when completing records
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Quality focused
- Food/process manufacturing background (or equivalent)
What can Long Clawson Dairy offer?
- Free car parking
- Company Profit Related Bonus
- Free drinks
- Free PPE
- On site Cheese shop with discounted prices located Long Clawson site.
- Training provided
- Refer a friend scheme – £250 paid if you refer a friend
- Overtime available
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
Shift pattern: Monday to Friday 6:15am – 3pm
Due to the nature of the business and the responsibility of your job role your flexibility to work additional hours, weekends and shifts during seasonal periods may be requested, for the proper performance of your duties.
Interested applicants should apply to the Recruitment team, firstname.lastname@example.org stating relevant experience and skills.