Love cheese? Ever wanted to learn more about a traditional cheesemaking process, or considered pursuing a career in food manufacturing? We have several vacancies available here at Long Clawson Dairy Ltd, world-renowned producers of Stilton® and Speciality cheeses, situated just over 10 mins from Melton Mowbray.
We’re looking for hardworking, enthusiastic team players who are passionate about working for an award-winning cheese manufacturer.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Load the machine which wraps Stilton cheese
- Placing wrapped cheese into crates
- Operating the cheese piecing machines in the maturation rooms
- Moving of cheese trolleys
- Support the line leader in achieving the departmental objectives on the line
- Timely and accurate end of day dismantling and cleaning of the line, equipment, tools and work area where appropriate
- Responsible for and ensuring product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards
- Undertake relevant training as and when required and perform functions in line with training and work instructions
Experience & Skills:
- Hardworking and able to work under pressure
- Good level of fitness – will be required to handle heavy objects, and use a pallet truck or moving aid in accordance with manual handling training
- Good level of coordination & quality focused
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 6 months)
- Good standard of spoken and written English
Working hours 6am – 2pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours may be required in response to business needs.
Rate of pay: £10.75 per hour
What can Long Clawson Dairy offer?
Free car parking
Subsidised Canteen serving hot and cold meals
Company Profit Related Bonus
On site Cheese shop with discounted prices
Refer a friend scheme – £250 paid if you refer a friend
Cycle to work scheme
No need for a CV, if you are interested and would like to find out more then simply contact the recruitment team on 01664 822 332 or email@example.com