Long Clawson Dairy Ltd is a world-renowned producer of Specialty cheeses situated in the Vale of Belvoir, in rural Leicestershire. Employing 380 staff working across two sites, the company is a fast growing, award winning manufacture of Stilton® and Specialty cheeses, priding itself on successfully balancing innovation with tradition.
A vacancy has arisen for a Cheese Grader to join our team. You will be responsible for the product grading & categorisation of cheese specific to the flavour, texture and visual quality. This is to be applied in accordance with prescribed working instructions and Organoleptic training.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Carry out daily checks of all products due for grading in the working week
- Ensure individual cheeses are graded into correct categories in accordance with prescribed working instructions
- Ensure all cheese is correctly and clearly labelled by grade, ready for crating
- Monitor cheese quality and report significant defects to superior
- Ensure accurate recording of cheeses graded
- Timely and accurate cleaning of the line and end of day dismantling and cleaning of equipment, tools and work area, where appropriate
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Be responsible for and ensure Product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards
- Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities
- Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately
Experience & Skills
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Good level of fitness – able to lift weights of up to 20kg and push/pull weights of up to 1000kg, in accordance with manual handling training
- Industrious and able to work under pressure
- Training on Organaleptic tasting
- Required to work towards Stilton Cheese Makers Association (SCMA) grading certificate
- Must be numerate and literate – able to record legibly, completion of cheese grading records
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 6 months)
- Able to work on own initiative
- Basic computer skills
- Quality Focused
- Food/process manufacturing background.
Interested applicants should apply directly to the recruitment team, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 21st January 2022.