Love cheese? Ever wanted to learn more about a traditional cheesemaking process, or considered pursuing a career in food manufacturing? We have several vacancies available here at Long Clawson Dairy Ltd, world-renowned producers of Stilton® and Speciality cheeses, situated just over 10 mins from Melton Mowbray.
We’re looking for hardworking, enthusiastic team players who are passionate about working for an award-winning cheese manufacturer.
A vacancy has arisen for a Cheese Grader to join our team. You will be responsible for the product grading & categorisation of cheese specific to the flavour, texture and visual quality. This is to be applied in accordance with prescribed working instructions and Organoleptic training.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Carry out daily checks of all products due for grading in the working week
- Ensure individual cheeses are graded into correct categories in accordance with prescribed working instructions
- Ensure all cheese is correctly and clearly labelled by grade, ready for crating
- Monitor cheese quality and report significant defects to superior
- Ensure accurate recording of cheeses graded
- Timely and accurate cleaning of the line and end of day dismantling and cleaning of equipment, tools and work area, where appropriate
Experience & Skills
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Good level of fitness – able to lift weights of up to 20kg and push/pull weights of up to 1000kg, in accordance with manual handling training
- Industrious and able to work under pressure
- Training on Organaleptic tasting
- Required to work towards Stilton Cheese Makers Association (SCMA) grading certificate
- Must be numerate and literate – able to record legibly, completion of cheese grading records
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 6 months)
- Able to work on own initiative
- Basic computer skills
- Quality Focused
- Food/process manufacturing background is desirable.
Working hours 6am – 2pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours may be required in response to business needs.
Rate of pay: £10.75 per hour, rising to £12.00 per hour after three months service
What can Long Clawson Dairy offer?
Free car parking
Subsidised Canteen serving hot and cold meals
Company Profit Related Bonus
On site Cheese shop with discounted prices
Refer a friend scheme – £250 paid if you refer a friend
Cycle to work scheme
No need for a CV, if you are interested and would like to find out more then simply contact the recruitment team on 01664 822 332 or firstname.lastname@example.org