Three fruity dessert ideas for our sweet-toothed fans
There is always more time for making dessert at this time of year, so we’ve put together three fruity desserts for you to try out so go on – treat yourself!
Hot cross bread & cranberry pudding
- Butter a baking dish that will quite snugly fit 4 hot cross buns.
- Mix 150g of crumbled White Stilton with Cranberry and 200g of cranberry curd/jam.
- Cut each bun into 3 slices, and sandwich back together with a generous spreading of the cranberry mix.
- Whisk 2 large eggs, 200ml double cream, 200ml milk and the remaining cranberry mix, along with vanilla extract and 3 tbsp of sugar. Pour over the buns and stand at room temperature for 30 mins in order for the custard to soak in.
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3. Scatter sugar and lemon zest over the pudding and bake for 30-40 mins until the top is golden.
- Stand for 5 mins and serve with cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of almond butter and sugar, 1 tablespoon softened butter, 1 egg yolk and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract.
- Spread on 2 pieces of bread and bake in a toaster until crusty on top (about 6 minutes).
- Top with blueberries and crumbled White Stilton with Blueberries then dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Fruit & Chocolate Waffle Cake
- Toast 3 frozen waffles until crisp.
- Stack the waffles with some chocolate spread, sliced strawberries and crumbled White Stilton with Apricot (or your choice of dessert cheese) between each layer.
- Top with more strawberries and crumbled cheese then dust with cocoa powder or confectioners’ sugar.