Technical Operators – Packing Department – Long Clawson Site
We have several vacancies for Technical Operators which have arisen at our Long Clawson site. The Technical Operator would be supporting the Line Leader in the direct management of a specific product/packing line or function as directed by the Line Leader. This role will ideally be suited to individuals used to working in a fast-moving multi-disciplined role and you would responsible for ensuring staff are managed effectively and efficiently. Due to the nature of the business and the responsibility of this job role your flexibility to work additional hours, weekends and shifts during seasonal periods may be requested, for the proper performance of your duties.
The working hours would be 07:15 to 16:00 Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Encourage, train, develop and motivate staff
- Have a thorough understanding of products and process controls within your area
- Liaise regularly with the line leader and support when required
- Strive to improve productivity and improve wherever possible
- Assist with delivery of training for the team, as and when required
- Liaise with the Maintenance department on breakdowns, completion of documentation and work area inspections, following all Maintenance work carried out, where applicable
- Use of scanning equipment will be required, where applicable
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Be responsible for and ensure Product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards
- Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities
- Undertake relevant training as and when required
- Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately and on time
- Show respect for colleagues, customers and the environment
- Behave in an honest, industrious and uncomplicated way
- Perform functions in line with training and work instructions
- Timely and accurate cleaning of the line and end of day dismantling and cleaning of equipment, tools and work area where appropriate
- You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time, as the Company may reasonably request/require.
Experience & Skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Have the ability to work on a fast-moving production line is essential and a mechanical attitude will have an advantage
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Good level of fitness – able to lift weights of up to 20kg and push/ pull weights of up to 1000kg in accordance with manual handling training
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within six months)
- Training in knowledge of use of dangerous equipment
- Health & Safety awareness
- Keen eye for detail, you will be self-motivated and be a strong team player which will drive to achieve objectives
- Be able to adapt to change in a fast-moving environment.
- Industrious and be able to work under pressure
- Good level of Accuracy and numeracy when completing records
- English speaking at basic level
- Must possess an understanding of Allergen awareness
- Self-motivated and able to motivate staff
- Good knowledge of operating machinery
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Quality focused.
- Basic IT skills
- Food/process manufacturing background
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Health & Safety trained in Manual handling, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and risk assessment.
- Effective Communication
- Results Driven
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; directly to (David Branston, Packing Manager) either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address below.
Long Clawson Dairy Ltd