A vacancy has arisen for a Production team leader at our Bottesford site. The role will report directly into the site FLMs, and suit an individual used to working in a fast-moving high care production environment. You will be directly responsible for the effective and efficient management of your team in meeting the daily KPI targets on all lines. Direct utilisation of your team and equipment will also be a main factor in your own and the department’s success.
Due to the nature of the business and the responsibility of your job role your flexibility to work additional hours, shifts and weekends will be requested, for the proper performance of your duties.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To manage the daily performance of your line leaders and production staff.
- To ensure your teams are managed and ready to meet and exceed the daily plan .
- positive and accurate contribution to daily KPI meetings.
- Manage timely shift start-ups in line with staffing start times.
- Responsibility for ensuring all product movement and production inputs into Clawson’s NAV system are accurate and completed in real time.
- Coaching and developing of staff to improve performance and process inefficiencies by way of relevant lean methods.
- Utilising product streams and minimising product waste
- Promote and develop continuous improvement.
- Ensuring Food Safety standards are promoted positively.
- Promote a tidy and safe working environment
- Deliver ongoing improvements to the department
- Ensuring Product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards.
Experience & Skills
- Proven Man-Management experience within a manufacturing industry.
- Current Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 12 months)
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate proven ability to motivate staff
- Good level of numeracy & literacy in order to carry out area reporting activities and produce written daily production requirements.
- Excellent time management, able to demonstrate proven ability to prioritise tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative
- Ambitious, driven and passionate about making improvements which lead to visible financial results and increase factory control and ownership.
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of quality and compliance systems
- Food/process manufacturing background.
- good IT skills
· Effective Communication
· Change management
· Customer Focused
|· Decision Making
· Planning & Organising.
Monday to Thursday 7.15am – 16.00hrs and 5.15am to 14.00hrs on Fridays
Interested applicants should apply to Mark Smith, Production Manager either in writing to the address below, or email@example.com stating relevant experience and skills.
Closing date for applications: 4th June 2021
Long Clawson Dairy Limited