We have several vacancies for Process Operators on fixed term contracts until the end of December 2020, which have arisen at our Long Clawson site. The Process Operator would be reporting to a Line Leader, this role will ideally be suited to individuals used to working in a fast-moving multi-disciplined role. Due to the nature of the business and the responsibility of this job role your flexibility to work additional hours, weekends and shifts during seasonal periods may be requested, for the proper performance of your duties.
The working hours would be 06:15 to 15:00 Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Carry out tasks as assigned to you within the Packing Department on a daily basis.
- Responsible as part of a team, for the production and collating of all products in a well presented manner, in line with customer specifications
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Be responsible for and ensure Product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards
- Be able to adapt to change in a fast-moving environment.
- Support the line leader in achieving the departmental objectives on the line
- Use of scanning equipment will be required
- Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities
- Undertake relevant training as and when required
- Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately
- Perform functions in line with training and work instructions
- Timely and accurate cleaning of the line and end of day dismantling and cleaning of equipment, tools and work area where appropriate.
Experience & Skills
- Quality focused
- Have the ability to work on a fast-moving production line is essential and a mechanical attitude.
- Keen eye for detail, you will be self-motivated and be a strong team player which will drive to achieve objectives
- English speaking at basic level
- Industrious and able to work under pressure
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be attained within 6 months)
- Good level of fitness – able to lift weights of up to 20kg and push/pull weights of up to 1000kg, in accordance with manual handling training
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations.
- Previous experience in Lean manufacturing
- Food/process manufacturing background
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; directly to (David Branston, Packing Manager) either by email to: email@example.com or by post to Long Clawson Dairy Ltd, Long Clawson, Melton Mowbray LE14 4PJ.
The closing date for applications is Friday 10th July 2020