Process Operators – Production Department
A number of vacancies have arisen for Process Operators to work in the Production Department at our Long Clawson site. The Process Operator would be reporting to the Line Leader, the role will ideally be suited to an individual used to working in a fast-moving multi-disciplined role.
Due to the nature of the business and the responsibility of your job role your flexibility to work additional hours, weekends and shifts during seasonal periods may be requested, for the proper performance of your duties.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Daily cheese production tasks including make-up of curd and hoop filling
• The production and collation of products in a well-presented manner in line with customer specifications
• Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
• Ensuring product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards
• Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate
• Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities
• Undertake relevant training as and when required
• Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately
• Show respect for colleagues, customers and the environment
• Perform functions in line with training and work instructions
• Timely and accurate cleaning of the line and end of day dismantling and cleaning of equipment, tools and work area where appropriate.
• Support the line leader in achieving the departmental objectives on the line
Experience & Skills
• Industrious and able to work under pressure
• Work on your own initiative
• Good level of fitness – will be required to use a pallet truck or moving aid in accordance with manual handling training.
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 6 months)
• Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
• Good standard of spoken and written English.
• Quality focused
• Food/process manufacturing background
Shift pattern: Rolling 6 day shift pattern (Monday – Sunday) 06:30 – 14:30
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £8.75 p/h increasing to £10.00p/h after 3 months service
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; directly to: Steve Smith, Production Manager) either by email to: email@example.com or by post to Long Clawson Dairy Ltd, Long Clawson, Melton Mowbray LE14 4PJ.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th October 2020