We have several vacancies for Process Operators, which have arisen at our Bottesford site. The Process Operator would be reporting to a Line Leader, this role will ideally be suited to individuals used to working in a fast-moving multi-disciplined role. Due to the nature of the business and the responsibility of this job role your flexibility to work additional hours, weekends and shifts during seasonal periods may be requested, for the proper performance of your duties.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Carry out tasks as assigned to you within the production and Packing areas on a daily basis.
• Responsible as part of a team, for the production and collating of all products in a well presented manner, in line with customer specifications
• Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
• Be responsible for and ensure Product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards
• Be able to adapt to change in a fast-moving environment.
• Support the line leader in achieving the departmental objectives on the line
• Use of scanning equipment will be required where necessary
• Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate
• Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities
• Undertake relevant training as and when required
• Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately
• Perform functions in line with training and work instructions
• Timely and accurate cleaning of the line and end of day dismantling and cleaning of equipment, tools and work area where appropriate.
Experience & Skills
• Quality focused
• Have the ability to work on a fast-moving production line is essential and a mechanical attitude.
• Keen eye for detail, you will be self-motivated and be a strong team player which will drive to achieve objectives
• English speaking at basic level
• Industrious and able to work under pressure
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be attained within 6 months)
• Good level of fitness
• Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations.
• Previous experience in Lean manufacturing
• Food/process manufacturing background
The working hours would be:
08.00 to 16:00 Monday to Thurs / 06:00 to 14.00hrs on Fridays up to the end of September and then an alternating weekly shift pattern 06:00 – 14:00 / 14:00 – 22:00 Monday to Friday from the end of September to December.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; either by email to: email@example.com or by post to: Mark Smith, Long Clawson Dairy, Normanton Lane, Bottesford, NG13 0EL.