Long Clawson Dairy Ltd is a world-renowned producer of Specialty cheeses situated in the Vale of Belvoir, in rural Leicestershire. Spread over two sites, the company is a fast growing, award winning manufacture of Stilton® and Specialty cheeses, priding itself on successfully balancing innovation with tradition.
If you’re a team player, hardworking, enthusiastic and looking for a permanent job role then we would like to hear from you as we have a number of openings in our Dairy Production Department. You will carry out general Dairy operative tasks associated with the manufacture of cheese and other activities within the Department/Company in line with the relevant Working Instructions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carry out tasks as assigned to you on a daily basis.
- You will be responsible as part of a team, for the production and collating of all products in a well presented manner in line with customer specifications
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
- Be responsible for and ensure Product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards
- Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities
- Undertake relevant training as and when required
- Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately
- Show respect for colleagues, customers and the environment
- Perform functions in line with training and work instructions
- Timely and accurate cleaning of the line and end of day dismantling and cleaning of equipment, tools and work area where appropriate.
- Support the line leader in achieving the departmental objectives on the line
Experience & Skills
- Industrious and able to work under pressure
- Good level of fitness – will be required to use a pallet truck or moving aid in accordance with manual handling training.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 6 months)
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Good standard of spoken and written English.
- Quality focused
- Ideally you will have a food/process manufacturing background
Interested applicants should apply to the Recruitment team, firstname.lastname@example.org stating relevant experience and skills.
Closing date for applications: 29th April 2022