Team Leader – Grading Department
A vacancy has arisen for a Team Leader to take responsibility for managing an area within the Maturation Department at our Long Clawson site. Reporting to the Front-Line Manager it will be your responsibility to plan the running of this area by managing staff effectively and efficiently.
Working a shift pattern of 06:00 – 14:00 Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure that staff and equipment are readily available at the start of each shift and changeovers.
- Understand Product and Process controls.
- Plan and organise the workload.
- Ensure all standards are maintained to the highest level, particularly hygiene, quality and health and safety.
- Continuously improve results against the department KPI’s.
- Communicate daily targets and deliver the production plan to all employees in the area. Work with engineering and hygiene colleagues to maximise efficiencies.
- Monitor product quality and grading
- Training and development of staff to ensure flexibility within the area.
- Ensure records are completed accurately
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will;
- Have a food/process manufacturing background.
- Have experience of managing a team.
- Be an excellent communicator in both spoken and written English.
- Have proven problem solving experience and be able to work on their own initiative.
- Lead by example.
- Have Basic IT skills including Excel and Word.
- Have the ability to plan and organise workload.
- Have the ability to work to deadlines.
Before applying, we would ask you to consider your means of transport to ensure that you would be available for the Shift Pattern.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Interested applicants can apply by sending their CV and a covering letter/email; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org