JOIN THE CLAWSON TEAM – RECRUITING NOW FOR A PERMANENT ENGINEERING ROLE
Long Clawson Dairy Ltd is a world-renowned producer of Specialty cheeses situated in the Vale of Belvoir, in rural Leicestershire. Spread over two sites, the company is a fast growing, award winning manufacture of Stilton® and Specialty cheeses, priding itself on successfully balancing innovation with tradition.
An exciting development opportunity has arisen in the Engineering Department for 1 Shift Engineer, reporting into the Lead Engineer at Bottesford. The successful candidate will assist the Lead Engineer in managing the Engineering workload to ensure optimum Engineering Performance.
Working a shift pattern of 06:00-14:00 / 14:00 – 22:00 Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Organise and ensure maximum plant and equipment efficiency downtime is minimised
- Ensure planned engineering tasks are delivered on time and in full
- Ensuring good repair/Manufacturing practices and procedures are followed
- Enforce site rules and procedures at all times
- Ensure the close-out of all Maintenance Hand-Back sheets
- Ensure close-out of completed Planned Maintenance sheets
- Liaise with production / QA giving accurate and detailed information regarding works and repairs
- Work closely with production staff to achieve daily targets.
- Develop cost reduction initiatives for your department, to drive efficiency and process improvements
- Support the staff and teams in your area of control to meet the needs of business
- Undertake small projects as required.
- Attend Production meetings
Experience & Skills
- Relevant qualification in Mechanical/Electrical engineering minimum NVQ3 / HNC.
- Strong planning and organising skills (able to prioritise own workload).
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Excellent Communicator (verbal, written, listening, influencing).
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to work.
- Awareness of Health and Safety and other relevant legislation
Planning & Organisation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Paul Hederington, Maintenance Manager, Long Clawson Dairy Ltd, Long Clawson, Melton Mowbray, LE14 4PJ
The closing date for applications is Friday 15th November 2019