A vacancy has arisen for a Hygiene Line Leader, working in the Production Department at our Long Clawson site. This role would be reporting to the Hygiene Team Leader and would be ideally be suited to an individual used to working in a fast-moving multi-disciplined environment. Due to the nature of the business and the responsibility of your job role your flexibility to work additional hours, weekends and shifts during seasonal periods may be requested, for the proper performance of your duties.
Key responsibilities include:
- Cleaning/Deep Cleaning of relevant areas following the cleaning schedule and completing
- Deputise for the Team Leader in their absence
- To coordinate Hygiene staff and ensure work is carried out to a high standard
- To ensure the plant and machinery are cleaned according to the Hygiene Instruction Cards (HIC)
- Ensure cost reduction through control of waste and losses, e.g. water, detergents and efficient ways of working
- Liaise with the Maintenance department on breakdowns, completion of documentation and work area inspections, following all Maintenance work carried out, where applicable
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are always adhered to.
Experience & Skills
- Experience of managing a team
- Good level of numeracy & literacy to carry out area reporting activities
- Basic IT skills including Excel, Word and email
- Industrious and able to prioritise tasks to deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of allergen awareness, food safety and health & safety.
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 12 months)
- Food/process manufacturing background
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Health & Safety trained in Manual handling, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and risk assessment
· Effective Communication
|· Planning & Organising
Shift pattern: Monday to Friday 13:30 – 22:00
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £11.05 p/h increasing to £12.30p/h after 3 months service
Interested applicants can apply by sending their CV and a covering letter/email; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; directly to Nigel Hedworth, Hygiene Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or by post to Long Clawson Dairy Ltd, Long Clawson, Melton Mowbray, LE14 4PJ.
The closing date for applications is Friday 10th July 2020