Long Clawson Dairy Ltd is a world-renowned producer of Specialty cheeses situated in the Vale of Belvoir, in rural Leicestershire. Employing 380 staff working across two sites, the company is a fast growing, award winning manufacture of Stilton® and Specialty cheeses, priding itself on successfully balancing innovation with tradition.
The following vacancy has arisen for a Hygiene Line Leader at our Long Clawson site for the following .This role would be reporting to the Hygiene Team Leader, the role will ideally be suited to an individual used to working in a fast-moving multi-disciplined role. Due to the nature of the business and the responsibility of your job role your flexibility to work additional hours, weekends and shifts during seasonal periods may be requested, for the proper performance of your duties.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure the plant and machinery are cleaned according to the Hygiene Instruction Cards.
- Work closely with other Team Leaders and the Management team in order to make improvements and promote the Hygiene Department within the company.
- Deputize for the Team leader in their absence.
- Liaise with the Maintenance department on breakdowns, completion of documentation and work area inspections ,following maintenance work carried out, where applicable.
- Completion of cleaning schedule documentation as required in a clear, accurate and legible manner
- Deep cleaning of relevant areas following the cleaning schedule, as and when required.
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality, Production/Hygiene activities and environmental issues
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
Experience & Skills
- Good level of numeracy & literacy to carry out area reporting activities
- Food/process manufacturing background (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and understanding of allergen awareness, food safety and Health and Safety
- Experience of managing a team.
- Basic IT skills including Excel, word and email.
- Industrious and able to prioritize tasks to deadlines.
- Understanding of COSHH
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate. (to be achieved within 12 months)
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Health and safety trained in Manual handling , COSHH and Risk assessment.
Shift pattern: Monday to Friday 5pm – 1am
Salary £13.23 per hour after completion of 3 months.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; directly to Nigel Hedworth, Hygiene Manager, either by email to: email@example.com or to Nigel Hedworth in writing at the address below.
The closing date for applications is 18th April 2021.
Long Clawson Dairy Ltd