Job Vacancy – Bottesford
Hygiene Advanced Process Operator
A vacancy has risen for a Hygiene Advanced Process Operator, working at our Bottesford site. This role would be reporting to the Hygiene Team Leader, the role will ideally be suited to an individual used to working in a fast-moving multi-disciplined role. Due to the nature of the business and the responsibility of your job role your flexibility to work additional hours, weekends and shifts during seasonal periods may be requested, for the proper performance of your duties.
The working hours would be 16:00 to 00:00 Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure the plant and machinery are cleaned according to the Hygiene Instruction Cards
- Liaise with other departments to aid communication and effectiveness.
- Work closely with other Team Leaders and the Management team in order to make improvements and promote the Hygiene Department within the company
- Strive to improve productivity and cost reduction through control of waste and losses, e.g. water, detergents and time by working efficiently
- Liaise with the Maintenance department on breakdowns, completion of documentation and work area inspections, following all Maintenance work carried out, where applicable
- Completion of cleaning schedule documentation as required in a clear, accurate and legible manner
- Deep cleaning of relevant areas following the cleaning schedule, as and when required
- Investigate out of specification swab results and put in place a corrective action
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality, Production/Hygiene activities and environmental issues
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
Experience & Skills
- Good level of numeracy & literacy to carry out area reporting activities
- Food/process manufacturing background (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and understanding of allergen awareness, food safety and Health and Safety
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 12 months)
- Industrious and able to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; directly to: Nigel Hedworth, Hygiene Manager either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Long Clawson Dairy Ltd, Long Clawson, Melton Mowbray LE14 4PJ.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th August 2020