An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced individual to join our Transport team,
You will Service, Inspect and Repair all company vehicles and carry out any other work as can reasonably be requested. Determine and communicate the repairs needed for Company Fleet in order to maintain the fleet for maximum equipment life and minimal downtime.
In addition, you will coordinate, prioritize and schedule fleet repairs – help in the planning of vehicle routes and driver Rotas, and also help in the checking of Tachograph inspections. Working as part of the team on a vehicle brake down call out Rota.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Inspect and service vehicles in line with the vehicle maintenance planning system.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained to a high standard.
- Report any non-conformities to workshop foreman or Logistics Manager at first available opportunity.
- Perform all duties in compliance with Health and Safety and Department of Transport regulations currently in force.
- Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate.
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities.
- Undertake relevant training as and when required.
- Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately including inspection and tachographs reports.
- Show respect for colleagues, customers and the environment.
- Behave in an honest, industrious and uncomplicated way.
- Perform functions in line with training and work instructions.
- Undertake other duties from time to time, as the Company may reasonably request/require.
Experience & Skills
- Industrious and be able to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Demonstrate consistent reliability.
- Qualification in Repair and Maintenance of Heavy Vehicles.
- Quality focused.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Hold LGV License cat C+E.
- Hold National & International CPC.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 6 months).
- Decision Making
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Analysis
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Recruitment, Long Clawson Dairy, Hickling Lane, Long Clawson, LE14 4PJ.