An opportunity has arisen for a Forklift Truck (FLT) driver to join the packing team. Working within the department the FLT driver will be responsible for the transfer of goods between Departments/areas within the site including the loading and unloading of vehicles.
Flexibility will be essential as the role has arisen to primarily cover holidays, shifts and busier periods throughout the year. At quieter times of the year the role will revert to working in other areas on site as and when required giving lots of variability.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Follow specific Forklift truck safety regulations and ensure safe use
- Carry out safety start up checks
- Carry out vehicle inspection and incoming goods checks
- Accurate and timely use of NAV system for scanning of goods in and out.
- appropriate control of goods receipt paperwork
- Ensure correct stock rotation of all product/packaging/goods
- Stock counts
Experience & Skills
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Good level of fitness – able to lift weights of up to 20kg and push/ pull weights of up to 1000kg in accordance with manual handling training
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 6 months)
- Must hold a valid Counterbalance Forklift Truck License
- Good Command of English language
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good level of accuracy and numeracy when completing records
- Quality Focused
- Flexible Team player
- Safe worker
- Food/process manufacturing background.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Shift pattern: Monday – Friday 06:00 – 15:00
Salary: £9.32 p/h increasing to £10.57 p/h* after 3 months service
- Overtime premiums
- Free onsite parking
- Free hot drinks
- Training and uniform provided
- Subsidised on site canteen
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; directly to (David Branston, Packing Manager) either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Long Clawson Dairy Ltd, Long Clawson, Melton Mowbray LE14 4PJ.
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th June 2020