An opportunity has arisen for a Forklift Truck Driver (FLT) to join the Bottesford team and support the goods in area. Working within the area the FLT role will be responsible for goods in and out, including intake checks, the scanning and transfer of components to stores around the site, stock put away and stock counts.
Flexibility will be essential as the role has arisen to primarily cover holidays, shifts and busier periods throughout the year. At quieter times of the year the role will revert to working in other areas on site as and when required giving lots of variability.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Follow specific Forklift truck safety regulations and ensure safe use
- Carry out safety start up checks
- Carry out vehicle inspection and incoming goods checks
- Accurate and timely use of NAV system for scanning of goods in and out.
- appropriate control of goods receipt paperwork
- Ensure correct stock rotation of all product/packaging/goods
- Stock counts
Experience & Skills
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Good level of fitness – able to lift weights of up to 20kg and push/ pull weights of up to 1000kg in accordance with manual handling training
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 6 months)
- Must hold a valid Counterbalance Forklift Truck License
- Good Command of English language
- Able to work on own initiative
- Good level of accuracy and numeracy when completing records
- Quality Focused
- Flexible Team player
- Safe worker
- Food/process manufacturing background.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Shift pattern: Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:00 / Friday 06:00 – 14:00
Salary: £9.32 p/h increasing to £10.57 p/h* after 3 months service
- Overtime premiums
- Free onsite parking
- Free hot drinks
- Training and uniform provided
Interested applicants should apply to, Mark Smith, Production Manager, either in writing to the address below, or email email@example.com stating relevant experience and skills.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 17th June 2020
Long Clawson Dairy Limited