An opportunity has arisen for a Forklift Truck (FLT) driver to join the packing team at the Long Clawson site. Working within the department you will be responsible for the transfer of goods between Departments/areas within the site including the loading and unloading of vehicles.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
• Follow specific Forklift truck safety regulations and ensure safe use
• Carry out safety start up checks
• Carry out vehicle inspection and incoming goods checks
• Accurate and timely use of NAV system for scanning of goods in and out.
• Appropriate control of goods receipt paperwork
• Loading and unloading of lorries as required
• Ensure correct stock rotation of all product/packaging/goods.
• Stock counts
Experience & Skills
• Must hold a valid Counterbalance Forklift Truck License
• Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 6 months)
• Good level of the English language written and oral
• Able to work on own initiative
• Good level of accuracy and numeracy when completing records
• Quality Focused
• Team player
• Food/process manufacturing background.
Due to the nature of the business, at quieter times of the year you may be required to work in different areas of the business. This will be as and when necessary.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Shift pattern: Monday – Friday 06:15 – 15:00
Salary: £9.52 p/h increasing to £10.77 p/h* after 3 months service
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; directly to (David Branston, Packing Manager) either by email to: email@example.com or by post to Long Clawson Dairy Ltd, Long Clawson, Melton Mowbray LE14 4PJ.
The closing date for applications is: 31st July 2021