Responsible for safe receipt, sampling, testing and the general daily control of milk intake from delivery vehicles and the processing of internal whey producing Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC) and permeate (sugar water) in accordance with the SOP’s.
This will also include the preparation of plant/equipment, silo’s and recipes in order to standardise, pasteurise and filter the milk efficiently and accurately, prior to being delivered to the production areas.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
• Safe intake of milk from tankers on a daily basis and collation of tanker receipts.
• Milk testing prior to offloading tankers and filling vats, in accordance with the SOP’s.
• Standardising milk to the correct customer recipes.
• Ensure the correct rotation of milk stocks.
• Pasteurising and filtration of milk in accordance with the SOP’s.
• Responsible for various tests throughout the process in accordance with meeting specifications.
• Achieve maximum whey utilisation at all times.
• Ensure silos and tankers are washed correctly in accordance with cleaning procedure, prior to and after use.
• Ensure silo’s, tankers, pipelines and plant equipment are cleaned before use, in accordance with the SOP’s.
• Real time Inputting of process information onto computer database.
• Ensure the correct whey/water/milk drain segregation procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Check and ensure all temperature chart recorders are working efficiently.
• Carry out daily calibration of processing equipment before use.
• Carry out and record daily Health & Safety/machinery start-up checks.
• Ensure adherence to Critical Control Points (CCPs) of the process, at all times.
• Carry out vat sample testing, e.g. Flourophos test.
• Communicate out of line site monitoring of temperatures to maintenance or the duty manager.
• Be a point of contact for out of hours contractors, fire alarm company etc.
• Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Be responsible for and ensure Product quality is maintained in accordance with quality standards.
• Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate.
• Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities
• Undertake relevant training as and when required
• Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately
• Show respect for colleagues, customers and the environment
• Behave in an honest, industrious and uncomplicated way
• Perform functions in line with training and work instructions
• Timely and accurate cleaning of the line and end of day dismantling and cleaning of equipment, tools and work area where appropriate
• You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time, as the Company may reasonably request/require.
• Be available to cover holidays and sickness of the opposite shift.
Experience & Skills
• Valid Fork Lift Truck licence (to be achieved within 6 months)
• Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within six months)
• Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
• Good standard of spoken and written English
• Good level of accuracy and numeracy when completing records
• Industrious and able to work under pressure
• Able to work on own initiative
• Customer facing, where suppliers are concerned
• Good manual handling skills
• Basic IT skills including Excel and Word
• Food/process manufacturing background.
• Lorry shunting experience
• Customer focus
Training will take place 4 days per week 12 hours per day (weekdays), 6am – 6pm. Once fully trained the shift pattern will be 4 on 4 off, rotating days and nights.
In return we offer a competitive basic salary, increasing after a training period, and an opportunity to build a career with a successful local company with a UK and Global customer base.
Interested applicants should send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Sunday 28th February 2021.