To manage a specific production/packing line area or function as directed by the Team Leader to effectively ensuring that packing/production schedules are achieved on time, to the specified cost, quality and quantity by the most efficient utilization of resources available.
- Encourage, train, develop and motivate staff.
- Strive to improve productivity and improve wherever possible.
- Ensure your line and associated equipment / staff are ready and available in advance, for the start of each shift and all associated change over’s.
- Achieve set targets by reducing cheese wastage and labour costs.
- Understand the production plan for your line, utilise the skills of your staff to maximise efficiencies, able to move staff to meet your plan.
- Aware of product quality standards and specifications and ensure systems and specifications are being actively used by your team.
- Understand and achieve line plans.
- Coordinate Raw materials and packaging to line on a daily basis, with no production stoppages.
- Ensure all records where required, are completed accurately.
- Has good level of understanding of Company Policies. Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Able to use Clawson IT Systems applicable to their role. Undertake relevant training as and when required.
- Manage staff morale online.
- Ensure staff use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where appropriate.
- Take personal responsibility for own actions and respectfully challenge others where appropriate.
- Have a thorough understanding of products and process controls on your line of control.
- Show respect for colleagues, customers, and the environment.
- Behave in an honest, industrious, and uncomplicated way.
- Responsible for ensuring product sampling, check weighing, and process quality control checks are completed and recorded where appropriate for line.
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on the lines output.
- You may be required to undertake other duties from time to time, as the Company may reasonably request/require.
- Adaptable/flexible to meet requirements and demands of production and seasonal fluctuations
- Health & Safety awareness
- Industrious and be able to work under pressure
- Good level of Accuracy and numeracy when completing records.
- Good knowledge of operating machinery
- Good standard of spoken and written English
- Quality focused.
- Current Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 12 months)
- Self-motivated and able to motivate staff.
- Basic IT skills including Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work on own initiative.
- Ambitious, driven and passionate about making improvements, which lead to visible financial results and increase factory control and ownership.
- Health & Safety trained in Manual handling, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and risk assessment.
- Must possess an understanding of Allergen awareness.
- Knowledge of quality and compliance systems
- Food/process manufacturing background
- Effective Communication
- Planning and Organising
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 6:15am – 3pm
Interested applicants should send a CV and covering letter to David.Branston@clawson.co.uk
Closing date for applications 14th March 2021.