Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure the plant and machinery are cleaned according to the Hygiene Instruction Cards
- Liaise with other departments to aid communication and effectiveness.
- Work closely with other Team Leaders and the Management team in order to make improvements and promote the Hygiene Department within the company.
- Strive to improve productivity and cost reduction through control of waste and losses, e.g. water, detergents and time by working efficiently
- Liaise with the Maintenance department on breakdowns, completion of documentation and work area inspections, following all Maintenance work carried out, where applicable
- Completion of cleaning schedule documentation as required in a clear, accurate and legible manner
- Deep cleaning of relevant areas following the cleaning schedule, as and when required
- Investigate out of specification swab results and put in place a corrective action
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality, Production/Hygiene activities and environmental issues
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
Experience & Skills
- Good level of numeracy & literacy to carry out area reporting activities
- Food/process manufacturing background (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and understanding of allergen awareness, food safety and Health and Safety
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 12 months)
- Industrious and able to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Shift pattern: Monday to Friday 5pm-11pm
In return we offer a competitive basic salary and an opportunity to build a career with a successful local company with a UK and Global customer base.
Interested applicants should send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 7th March 2021.