Long Clawson Dairy Ltd is a world-renowned producer of Specialty cheeses situated in the Vale of Belvoir, in rural Leicestershire. Employing 380 staff working across two sites, the company is a fast growing, award winning manufacture of Stilton® and Specialty cheeses, priding itself on successfully balancing innovation with tradition.
The following vacancies has arisen for Hygiene Operative (Advanced Process Operators), at our Long Clawson site for the following departments.
Packing Department – 2 positions
Dairy Department – 3 positions
These role will report to the Hygiene Team Leader, the role will ideally be suited to an individual used to working in a fast-moving multi-disciplined role. Due to the nature of the business and the responsibility of your job role your flexibility to work additional hours, weekends and shifts during seasonal periods may be requested, for the proper performance of your duties.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure the plant and machinery are cleaned according to the Hygiene Instruction Cards.
- Work closely with other Team Leaders and the Management team in order to make improvements and promote the Hygiene Department within the company.
- Completion of cleaning schedule documentation as required in a clear, accurate and legible manner
- Deep cleaning of relevant areas following the cleaning schedule, as and when required.
- Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality, Production/Hygiene activities and environmental issues
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are adhered to at all times
Experience & Skills
- Good level of numeracy & literacy to carry out area reporting activities
- Food/process manufacturing background (or equivalent)
- Knowledge and understanding of allergen awareness, food safety and Health and Safety
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Industrious and able to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Understanding of COSHH
Shift pattern: Monday to Friday 5pm – 1am
Salary £12.18 per hour after completion of 3 months.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter; clearly stating their skills and experience for the role; directly to Nigel Hedworth, Hygiene Manager, either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Nigel Hedworth in writing at the address below.
The closing date for applications is 20th August 2021.