Long Clawson Dairy Ltd is a world-renowned producer of Specialty cheeses situated in the Vale of Belvoir, in rural Leicestershire. Spread over two sites, the company is a fast growing, award winning manufacturer of Stilton and Specialty cheeses, priding itself on successfully balancing innovation with tradition. Due to this continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Food Technologist (Dairy).
The new incumbent will be responsible for the improvement of Company knowledge of the manufacture of Stilton Cheese through the investigation and development of new and current processes and technologies. You will have the ability to apply the principles of Cheese microbiology, Dairy Chemistry and Food Engineering through experience gained operationally to ensure the production of a consistently high-quality cheese. You will be required to identify, assess and implement beneficial emerging technologies for the industry throughout the Company.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
• Identify knowledge gaps and set up research projects to fill those gaps, developing and nurturing an ethos of continuous improvement.
• Implement beneficial process and change.
• Review, evaluate and provide improvement options/solutions to the cheese making process.
• Maintain a high product quality of cheese production in accordance with quality standards.
• Provide technological support.
• Set up a process performance monitoring system.
• Experience in Audit/ troubleshooting on installed cheese production equipment/ lines to offer preferred future solutions for improved productivity and quality.
• Data analysis of process parameters and cheese quality to look for improvement trends.
• Report problems or issues as they arise, which may impact on product quality or Production activities.
• Work with New Product Development (NPD) to develop the product and meet customer requirements.
• Assist in effective implementation of company Quality and Environmental objectives.
• Contribute to and ensure support for, project work being carried out as planned.
• Ensure Health & Safety procedures, Quality/Hygiene standards and Company Rules/Procedures are always adhered to.
Experience & Skills
• Degree qualified within a Dairy or Food Science discipline.
• Proven Industrial experience – preferably Plant or R&D.
• Ability to lead multifunctional teams including Project teams.
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills.
• Current Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate (to be achieved within 12 months).
• Intermediate IT skills specifically in Excel, Word and Data base management/development.
• Proven ability to prioritise tasks and deadlines.
• Understanding of Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP).
• Ambitious, driven and passionate about making improvements, which lead to visible financial results and increase factory control and ownership.
• Knowledge of quality and compliance systems.
• Food/process manufacturing background.
• Data analysis / statistics.
• Effective Communication
• Integrity • Leadership
• Planning & Organising
In return we offer a competitive basic salary and an opportunity to build a career with a successful local company with a UK and Global customer base.
Interested applicants should send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 18th April 2021.